Who is eligible:
•All-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments and non-profit EMS organizations that serve apopulation of 100,000 or less and are legally organized in Texas.
What is eligible:
• Part I – 2017 annual individual certification or re-certification fees for SFFMA (NOT department dues), TCFP or DSHS.
• Part II – Student course materials and travel expenses (up to $150 per day per person) for training that is part of a certification program during calendar year 2017 (travel expenses include travel to/from, meals/tips, hotel/dorm).
• Part III – Cost for equipment (up to $2,500) and/or professionals to develop an in-house Health & Wellness Program.
How it works:
• Departments can apply for Part I, Part II, and/or Part III.
• Departments should apply for assistance first (completed grant application and W-9) by 12/31/16.
• Applications will be reviewed and notice will be sent to those awarded a grant by 1/31/17.
• Departments will be responsible for sending in paid receipts and course completion certificates by 12/1/17 in order to receive reimbursement.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY HAS PASSED.
STAY TUNED FOR 2018 GRANT APPLICATION AROUND FALL 2017.
How to Apply:
VFIS of Texas
3420 Executive Center Dr, #301
Austin, TX 78731
Fax to: 512-448-9929
E-mail to: email@example.com