State law also requires individuals who supervise the setting off of Fireworks 1.4G for public displays of 50 or more people to have a Pyrotechnic Special Effects Operator’s License. Fireworks 1.4G are those sold at fireworks stands to the general public. The Special Effects Operator license is also $45 initially and $25 for renewal. No state permit is required if using Fireworks 1.4G, however, local authority may require a permit. Departments that do not obtain the proper license and/or permit are breaking the law.
- Fireworks Safety Infographic
- Fireworks Single or Multiple Display Permit
- Fireworks License & Test Info
- Fireworks License Application
- Occupations code Ch 2154 - Regulation of Fireworks and Fireworks Displays
If you have any specific questions, please call Susan Light at the Texas Department of Insurance at 512-305-7932.