Special Announcement: Rural VFD Assistance Program (HB 2604)
Who is eligible…
- Chartered, non-profit volunteer fire departments operated by its members are eligible.
- Part-paid/part-volunteer fire departments are eligible provided the number of paid members is 20 or less.
- Training tuition grants are available at 100% of the actual cost of tuition up to a maximum of $610 per trainee. The maximum grant assistance per school per department is $6,100.
- Grants for Dorm Lodging are available at $37 per day up to a maximum of $185 per person (5 days).
- Meal Card grants are available up to $95 per person.
- To Learn More & Apply.....CLICK HERE.
Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System (TIFMAS) 2nd Annual Symposium
The symposium is designed to give the fire departments across Texas a better understanding of TIFMAS and its many working parts as resources are called upon to serve the State of Texas. There will be new tools unveiled to help improve responses, discussions and case studies about incidents and the lessons learned, time to meet the Branch coordinators and so much more. The symposium is 2 full days of training and sharing information. Once again, due to the great support by local and state sponsors, the symposium is FREE, but registration is still required.*
To Learn More & Register.....CLICK HERE.