2021 Emergency Responder Health & Wellness Grant
2021 Emergency Responder Health & Wellness Grant - VFIS of Texas and Texas Mutual Insurance Company are once again pleased to sponsor a need-based Health & Wellness Grant program for fire departments and non-profit EMS organizations in Texas. Grants up to $5,000 will be awarded based on financial need and are intended to assist emergency service organizations in developing a health & wellness program to prevent emergency responder deaths and injuries and for cancer prevention. Departments will need to apply for the grant, expend the funds and then send in copies of receipts in order to receive the grant funds Grant Application Deadline is December 31, 2020.
Who is eligible:
- All-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments and non-profit EMS organizations that serve a population of 100,000 or less and are legally organized in Texas.
What is eligible:
- Cost for member physicals, exercise equipment, fitbits, nutritionist, rehab equipment, hoods with barrier protection, decon cloths/wipes, washable gloves, extractors/washing machines for turn-out gear or other health & wellness and cancer prevention items.
How it works:
- Departments should apply for assistance (completed grant application, supporting documentation, & W-9) by December 31, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and notice will be sent to those awarded a grant by January 31, 2021.
- Departments will be responsible for sending in paid receipts by May 1, 2021 in order to receive reimbursement
**THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 31, 2020.**