2019 Rural Volunteer Fire Department Insurance Program (HB 3667) - The Rural Volunteer Fire Department Insurance Program (HB 3667) is a grant program designed to reimburse eligible volunteer fire departments for the purchase of insurance from private insurance companies. Eligible coverage includes any combination of compensation insurance for firefighters (workers’ compensation, death, and/or disability insurance) purchased from Texas insurance companies. The program will reimburse 100% of the actual cost of eligible insurance coverage up to a maximum of $175 per fire department member.
Recognized, non-profit volunteer fire departments operated by its members are eligible. Any part-paid/part-volunteer department is also eligible, provided the number of paid members is 20 or less. Departments may enter into agreements with cities or counties in order to qualify for coverage and/or special premiums.
All eligible departments must participate in a firefighter certification program administered under Section 419.071 of the Texas Government Code (Texas Commission on Fire Protection), or by the State Firemen’s and Fire Marshal’s Association of Texas (SFFMA), or by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
TO APPLY, PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT BEFORE JULY 31, 2019:
1) Rural Volunteer Fire Department Application for Grant Assistance (Form TFS-FO-408)
2) Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS Form W-9)
3) Roster of active fire department members.
4) Copy of a Payroll Classification Schedule Page 1 and 2, or a copy of the current paid insurance policy which provides insurance coverage during the calendar year 2018, or payment receipt for a workers’ compensation insurance policy, or death insurance policy, or disability insurance policy.
• The policy or payment documents must show the policy number, the cost or premium amount and the coverage period.
• All required reimbursement documents must accompany the 2019 grant application form.
• Applications, either complete or incomplete, arriving after July 31, 2019 are not eligible for reimbursement.
• ONLY ONE application per department will be reimbursed for the enrollment period of November 2018 thru July 31, 2019.
All forms can be found at texasfd.com/RuralVFDInsuranceProgram or by contacting the Capacity Building Department.
SUBMIT VIA FAX, EMAIL OR MAIL FAX TO:
Texas A&M Forest Service
200 Technology Way, Suite 1162
College Station, Texas 77845-3424
The HB 3667 Grant program provides reimbursement grants for Texas firefighters to obtain workers compensation, death and disability insurance from private insurance companies. Each year more than 400 fire departments and 11,000 firefighters take advantage of the grant offering.
Any chartered, non-profit volunteer or part-paid/volunteer fire department is eligible, provided the number of paid members is 20 or less. Any combination of compensation insurance for firefighters (workers' compensation, death, and/or disability insurance) is eligible & the program will reimburse 100% of the actual cost of eligible insurance coverage, up to a maximum of $155.00 per fire department member covered in the calendar year 2017. The insurance coverage must include a workers' compensation or similar benefit, and a death benefit.
If your department needs reimbursement for Workers' Compensation or Death & Disability Insurance, we highly encourage you to take advantage of this grant. You can apply by clicking the link below.
APPLY FOR GRANT
Open Enrollment is now in effect for the Fire Department Assistance - Texas A&M Forest Service Rural VFD Insurance Program (HB 3667) as the enrollment dates have changed to 11/1/16 - 7/31/17. Learn more by CLICKING HERE.
VFIS of Texas NEWS
Here you will find helpful information regarding firefighters, ems responders, and updates in insurance policies.