It's summer time in Texas, and you know what that means. Heat, heat, & more heat!!! And firefighters and rescue workers are prime candidates for heat exhaustion. Click the picture for a few helpful tips for staying cool this summer.
1) Drink plenty of plain, cold water.
2) Drink even when you’re not thirsty.
3) Dilute sports drinks with water.
4) Don’t drink ﬂuids containing caffeine
5) Keep ﬁt.
6) While exercising: keep clothing to a minimum and slow down
To read the full article on how to avoid heat exhaustion this summer, click HERE.
VFIS of Texas NEWS
Here you will find helpful information regarding firefighters, ems responders, and updates in insurance policies.