2019 Rural Volunteer Fire Department Insurance Program (HB 3667) - The Rural Volunteer Fire Department Insurance Program (HB 3667) is a grant program designed to reimburse eligible volunteer fire departments for the purchase of insurance from private insurance companies. Eligible coverage includes any combination of compensation insurance for firefighters (workers’ compensation, death, and/or disability insurance) purchased from Texas insurance companies. The program will reimburse 100% of the actual cost of eligible insurance coverage up to a maximum of $175 per fire department member.
Recognized, non-profit volunteer fire departments operated by its members are eligible. Any part-paid/part-volunteer department is also eligible, provided the number of paid members is 20 or less. Departments may enter into agreements with cities or counties in order to qualify for coverage and/or special premiums.
All eligible departments must participate in a firefighter certification program administered under Section 419.071 of the Texas Government Code (Texas Commission on Fire Protection), or by the State Firemen’s and Fire Marshal’s Association of Texas (SFFMA), or by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
TO APPLY, PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT BEFORE JULY 31, 2019:
1) Rural Volunteer Fire Department Application for Grant Assistance (Form TFS-FO-408)
2) Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS Form W-9)
3) Roster of active fire department members.
4) Copy of a Payroll Classification Schedule Page 1 and 2, or a copy of the current paid insurance policy which provides insurance coverage during the calendar year 2018, or payment receipt for a workers’ compensation insurance policy, or death insurance policy, or disability insurance policy.
• The policy or payment documents must show the policy number, the cost or premium amount and the coverage period.
• All required reimbursement documents must accompany the 2019 grant application form.
• Applications, either complete or incomplete, arriving after July 31, 2019 are not eligible for reimbursement.
• ONLY ONE application per department will be reimbursed for the enrollment period of November 2018 thru July 31, 2019.
All forms can be found at texasfd.com/RuralVFDInsuranceProgram or by contacting the Capacity Building Department.
SUBMIT VIA FAX, EMAIL OR MAIL FAX TO:
Texas A&M Forest Service
200 Technology Way, Suite 1162
College Station, Texas 77845-3424
Special Announcement: Rural VFD Assistance Program (HB 2604)
The TEEX 86th Annual Municipal Fire School, set for July 19 - 24, 2015 at the TEEX Brayton Fire Training Field. Texas Texas A&M Forest Service has announced the available use of HB 2604 to cover the training costs associated with this Fire School.
Who is eligible…
Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System (TIFMAS) 2nd Annual Symposium
The Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System (TIFMAS) was created to provide for the systematic mobilization, deployment, organization and management of Texas local fire related resources in order to provide assistance in mitigating the effects of emergencies and disasters throughout Texas when requested. The 2nd Annual TIFMAS Symposium is set for June 18th & 19th at the San Antonio Courtyard by Marriott Seaworld Westover Hills.
The symposium is designed to give the fire departments across Texas a better understanding of TIFMAS and its many working parts as resources are called upon to serve the State of Texas. There will be new tools unveiled to help improve responses, discussions and case studies about incidents and the lessons learned, time to meet the Branch coordinators and so much more. The symposium is 2 full days of training and sharing information. Once again, due to the great support by local and state sponsors, the symposium is FREE, but registration is still required.*
To Learn More & Register.....CLICK HERE.
VFIS of Texas NEWS
Here you will find helpful information regarding firefighters, ems responders, and updates in insurance policies.