2017 Emergency Responder Safety, Training & Wellness Grant - VFIS of Texas and Texas Mutual Insurance Company are pleased to sponsor a need-based grant program for fire departments and non-profit EMS organizations in Texas. Grants will be awarded to reimburse departments for 1) 2017 individual member certification dues/fees, 2) Travel costs to attend training, and/or 3) Health/Wellness programs. Grants up to $5,000 will be awarded based on financial need and are intended to encourage all departments to participate in certification, training and health/wellness programs to prevent emergency responder deaths and injuries. Departments will need to apply for the grant, expend the funds and then send in copies of receipts and proof of training attendance in order to receive the grant funds. Grant application deadline is December 31, 2016.
Who is eligible:
•All-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments and non-profit EMS organizations that serve apopulation of 100,000 or less and are legally organized in Texas.
What is eligible:
• Part I – 2017 annual individual certification or re-certification fees for SFFMA (NOT department dues), TCFP or DSHS.
• Part II – Student course materials and travel expenses (up to $150 per day per person) for training that is part of a certification program during calendar year 2017 (travel expenses include travel to/from, meals/tips, hotel/dorm).
• Part III – Cost for equipment (up to $2,500) and/or professionals to develop an in-house Health & Wellness Program.
How it works:
• Departments can apply for Part I, Part II, and/or Part III.
• Departments should apply for assistance first (completed grant application and W-9) by 12/31/16.
• Applications will be reviewed and notice will be sent to those awarded a grant by 1/31/17.
• Departments will be responsible for sending in paid receipts and course completion certificates by 12/1/17 in order to receive reimbursement.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY HAS PASSED.
STAY TUNED FOR 2018 GRANT APPLICATION AROUND FALL 2017.
How to Apply:
VFIS of Texas
3420 Executive Center Dr, #301
Austin, TX 78731
Fax to: 512-448-9929
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VFIS of Texas NEWS
Here you will find helpful information regarding firefighters, ems responders, and updates in insurance policies.
© 2023 WinStar Insurance Group
13625 Ronald W. Reagan Blvd.
Building 3, Suite 100
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Home | About Us | Insurance | Training | Life & Health | Resources | Claims | News | Contact Us | Mission & Values | Privacy Statement